Thread: Ear Throbbing
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by neednewback View Post
I do have TMJ and I do have tinnitus, but I dont think this has to do with either of those. With the TMJ I get a loud poping sound in my jaw everytime I chew and I do get ringing in my ears which is the tinnitus.

I will see if the throbbing can be due to tinnitus, but it seems to be different in nature. I will try the methylcobalamin lozenges to see if this has any effect on it, ty.

Hi, I hope that you get some relief from the throbbing.

I wasn't really thinking that the throbbing was due to tinnitus, but possibly due to nerve irritation. Throbbing seems to suggest pressure, as if as your heart pumps blood there is a rhythmic increase in pressure.

My thought is that if your nerves are irritated due to lack of sufficient B12, then a very small amount of additional pressure would become a throbbing pain.

If there's a swelling that is causing the throbbing then if you take an Advil that would reduce the swelling. Only the trouble with Ibuprofen (Advil and the like) is that it can do damage. I stopped using it after I learned that it was contributing to my dental problems by weakening my jaw bone. Now I use serrapeptase. It's not as fast acting but for me it's worth waiting for the results rather than losing more bone in my jaw...

(((((((((((neednewback)))))))))))))