View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy still trying to survive

Thank you for your responses once again, but my pm doc acts like he just gave up on me which he is the authorized doc for WC. I started with rsd in my dominant(left hand)after an injury at work. Worked under docs care for 1 and a half years and come back with permanent restrictions and the company basically said see ya. So I got fired. I have not been diagnosed with it anywhere else but I know in my own mind that that could only be the what is causing the trouble in my right arm and my legs from my knees down to my feet. I am right now on a crutch trying to afford to get a walker but struggling with that as my husband is the only one working. I did try to get a job after I lost my other job but of coarse nobody would hire me. I got off the waiting list for vocational rehab and went back to school for 2 yrs. and graduated with an AA degree in Health Information Technology. Tried to get a job in that field and got no where but going into a deeper depression so I gave up looking for a job. I am fighting WC for the 2nd time since they renigged on the first settlement which the biggest part was an open file for my rsd. So now we have to go back after them. So in the meantime we are having to pay for meds,turn the receipts in to the attorney, and turn in the bills to the attorney while we get turned over to the collection agencies for not paying when WC should be paying. When I started to get pain in my legs I did call my pm doc and they said they don't do anything with legs so I am back to square one with a diagnoses even though I have a gut feeling I know what is going on especially after I talked to my family doc the last time. He took blood and done blood work and everything was fine and an EMG which was normal. That was no surprise to me because I have been through all of this before. I asked him what he thought might be going on and this was his remark,"I think it might be the progression of the disease.............Whatever that may be." I don't think he wants to commit because of my lawsuit so this is what he said. Do you all think i am crazy or do you think i am on the right track?I don't know anymore. I have not tried the patch cause my pm doc keeps telling me there is no more he can do for me so I end up going out on my own so I can figure out for sure what is really going on and basically starting from square one again. I was also told as far gone as I am pt won't do me any good.So I don't know. In the beginning I had 8 months of pt and it didn't seem to help me. So I was told it was a waste of time to even do that.So I guess I just feel like I am running in circles with all of this.
So as you can see I am really trying hard to keep my head above water and it is getting harder and harder. Thank you all for reading my babbling. I am just having a very tough time this week.

Sincerely,
Tracy Tracy(screwballpookie)
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote