Thread: EMG survived
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default EMG survived

Hello all! It has been far too long since I last posted. First, welcome to all of the newcomers! I look forward to getting to know all of you as I read back up on the posts I've missed.

I did go to Dr. Lubenow in Chicago a few weeks ago. He ordered an EMG and an MRI (lumbar spine). The MRI was a piece of cake......even WITH the IV of contrast dye without numbing meds. The EMG sucked. That's all......it just sucked. I found that after the first couple of jolts (once I could figure out what it felt like), I was able to just lie there and cry silently as opposed to cursing AND crying. I'm not sure what the purpose of it all was, but it did confirm that I have nerve damage in my left foot (I already knew that......I TOLD them that since 4 days after my surgery) and subsequent weakness in the foot/ankle. I feel like it is going to break any day now.

I will have to make a follow up appointment with him for a few weeks from now. I just wanted to update everyone and tell you all how sorry I am that I have been absent......I've missed you all, I've just had some things I've needed to take care of and have been having a really hard time lately.

Has anyone else besides Carrie seen Dr. Lubenow??? If so, what was your impression of him??

Take care all!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-21-2009)