View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

We bought one of those inflatable air mattresses. It also has a pump right in it so that when it loses some air in the night, you can just reach and it pumps up again.

We used it a time or two at our daughter's place. We thought it would be ideal. It probably is for someone who is more able than I am. And it's probably more comfortable if you are sleeping alone. We grew to hate it as it was hard for me to get up and off of it. When you sit on the edge of it to get up it like goes down some. It even said that in the directions - not to sit on the edge of it. This wasn't a cheapy either.

It is pretty thick but it still is way too low for me to get off of comfortably. It is about 17" high or so. I almost have to be pulled up and off so I don't screw my back up. They do have stands to put them on but I found that they aren't make for a queen size one.

I'm thinking one wouldn't work that well on a bed either. You probably would be too high and anyway the bugs would get to you JMO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (04-21-2009)