View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

A few thoughts and first I am sorry you are struggling with everything. I can relate as I never like to take break through meds and when I do it is when the pain gets to an ER state so to speak. I have been told that once it gets to that point the meds will not work as well. So I am trying to find a better balance of my timing. I have never been on as many regular daily meds as I am now but after 2 years of this I realize at this time I need a better quality of life then I was getting with rsd with little med assistance, I am trying to think of it as a temp situation till I find a better treatment. If it does come to the point where I need to take meds for ever but I have a better life then I will accept that. Really to me I am weighing the best option in a bad situation. There is no ideal here other then no pain or rsd.There is often a stigma I think in pain meds but one does not live in your shoes and trust me if they did they would be singing a different tune. As coping mechanims can help but only get so far when the RSD flare up is on. I would encourage you to look at why you feel guilty for having rsd. You did not choose this or do something "bad" for this to happen. These things happen to good people. Why I don't know. You deserve a well and happy life that is pain free. As for coping with this I am not doing so great either. I have went back to mental therapy and am trying to use some of the coping tools which at times help but others when the pain is so bad don't. I will say you reaching out here for support is a great step in coping with RSD and everything. So good job. Hope you feel better
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-23-2009)