View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello

I know where your coming from with the guilt I have been there. Daniella got it right when she said good things happen to good people. You didn't ask for RSD/CRPS your just trying to live with it. Some days are more difficult than others. I use to take life one day at a time now I take it one hour to the next.

I have fullbody RSD with my heart and lungs being effected. I try to anticipate my pain. For example if I am going to do something that will flair my pain. In addition to my daily meds. I will take Skelaxin, Naposyn and percocet to help conrol the pain. For my sons wedding I knew it would be a hard weekend for me pain wise. I started extra medication a few days before and after the event. I have to pace myself when it comes to doing things. I cook dinner and then after eating I need to rest before I stand on my feet to clean it up. My children are grown and not at home. My husband works very very hard. I try not to ask for help. When I run the sweeper I doe one room then rest before the next room. I listen to my body when it says rest I rest. Like you said the medication gives me a quality of life so I have had to accept them as a part of keeping me going. I felt guilty at first but once I accepted I needed them to have that quality in life I did'nt feel so guilty.

Do not allow your life to be defined by RSD. Acceptting that we can't control how it will make us feel but understanding what we can control in our life is important. Once I accepted I have RSD and then I educated myself on what I'm dealing with things didnt' seem so out of control. It takes time to get the right mix of medication and doctors once I did life got much better for me. RSD caused me to change the way I live my life it does not run my life.
I hope you fine the comfort and peace you deserve!!!
Take care,
Sherrie
PM whenever you need to.
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-23-2009)