View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Weight vs. Size.....Or......Size vs. Shape

It seems as I get older my size changes.....but not necessarily my weight. I guess I should say my shape changes.....not necessarily my size!!

Has anyone else noticed that? I suppose if I still went to the gym and worked out like I used to this wouldn't be happening. But.....circumstances are such that it just isn't possible for me anymore.

Am I the only one who's noticed that things just aren't in the same place they used to be....or should be??! Is gravity getting the final revenge? Will I be like that old lady on the greeting cards who jokes about tripping over herself?

I get so tired of seeing commercials for things like Nutri-System with Marie Osmond and Valarie Bertinelli looking like they're 22 (when they're really in their 40's). Heck, if I had their money I'd have a personal trainer and someone to cook low-cal meals for me, too. It just gets depressing. I have no problem with being healthy but I think there is way too much emphasis on looks.

Maybe it's just sour grapes......but I'm to the point that I just really don't care. I just want to be comfortable. Oh dear, am I ready for the dreaded.......duster??!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (04-21-2009), Dejibo (04-22-2009), DM (04-22-2009), PolarExpress (04-22-2009), SallyC (04-21-2009), soxmom (04-22-2009), TheSleeper (04-22-2009)