View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 02:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default exciting news: Dr. Fine will soon sell organic, gluten-free nuts & dried fruits!

Thanks, everyone!

Jamietwo:

I would use the bulk bins at Wild Oats, but they are very expensive, compared to Vitamin Cottage. And, though less expensive, Vitamin Cottage re-packs their nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and flours, all in the same room---so I have to wonder if the same scoops ever get used first for glutenous grains, and then, for all the other items, thereby cross contaminating all the other food items with gluten!
-----------------

Claire/Diamondheart:

Good to hear that you're in the front range too! Email me at fsds@rkymtnhi.com and we can share phone numbers, to yak, since I'm up in the Winter Park area (used to live in Boulder a long time ago). Sorry you can't have nuts right now.
--------------------

RathyKay:

Sounds like a good idea, to go directly to growers (unless they munch on glutenous food, before packing up the nuts & fruits!). Not possible here, since no one grows organic nuts in CO, that I know of.
------------------

Everybody!:

I was delighted today, when I got an email response from Dr. Fine, M.D. (gastroenterologist who owns EnteroLab, with website at http://www.finerhealth.com ), saying that he's in the process right now, of starting up an organic facility, to sell guess what! Yes,-- organically grown, gluten-free, raw, unsalted nuts & dried fruits! (not sure if seeds are included or not)

Here's a link to Dr. Fine's new website:
www.theorganicalternative.com

Dr. Fine's new facility "will be doing exactly
as you [I] request without any gluten-containing products, or even grains
being dealt with. Peanuts either for that matter...."

His website says that the prices will be 20%-50% lower than health food stores' high prices. Dr. Fine is eliminating middlemen, in order to avoid gluten contamination. There are no bulk bins open to the public.

In his website, it says, "All food is Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Meat-free".

We'll be able to order "online", and have the organic, gluten-free foods shipped to our doors!

Wow! Who'd of thunk it! This is exciting news! Reminds me of Tinkyada, the gluten-free company in Canada that has a dedicated gluten-free brown rice pasta factory! The difference is that Dr. Fine's facility will be a distributor of many company's nuts & dried fruits.

Carol
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
concerned lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote