View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with Gymjunkie. There are lots of different treatment options. Try whatever you can, but give it time to see if it's having an effect (good or bad) before you throw in another therapy. For me, I had 8 nerve blocks and it's hard to tell if they were ultimately helpful or not (I don't know what would have become of me had I not had them). I think everything I've done in combination has helped incrementally. I was diagnosed within 6 weeks of surgery and treated. At first when the cast was removed and after the boot came off, I could barely move my ankle--it was in such pain (that is NOT where I had my surgery; surgery was in my foot). If I hadn't started PT right away then it would have probably gotten much worse, and my ankle would probably still be frozen now. I had almost all the classic signs of RSD (bone wasting, swelling, coldness, sweating, discoloration, etc.). I just didn't have the sensitivity to light touch; mine was more of a deep muscle and bone ache, and nerve sensitivity, and it spread up my leg pretty quickly. I consider myself in remission now; but this is after at least 18 months of trying LOTS of different therapies and doing a lot of hard work. I consider myself very lucky. I know for some it never gets better. For me it did.
Millerprof is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-24-2009), loretta (10-09-2010), shogan7RSD (04-24-2009)