View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

When I got to feeling better after my big excerbation I wanted to do something productive. Srry, this story might not help you. I was an RN in my past life so I thought that being a Hospice volunteer would help. The 40 hours of traing was wonderful. I got to meet lots of new people and really get out there. But the actual volunteering was difficult. I don't know if they didn't put me with the right client or not. My procrastinatio/forgetfullness kept me from turning my paperwork in on time. I was assigned to a client that would get really restless and I basically had to chase her around her house. Bur others had wonderful experiences, life changing ones. Maybe I was wanting something to replace my nursing and this didn't. So I repsectfully resigned.

I had a next door neighbor that had MS and answered an ad for a caregiver. She had to basically make sure her client took her medicine and went to bed in time. She worked 4 hours an evening for 4 evenings a week and got $250/week. It was all private pay. So there are things to do out there.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chazen18 (04-22-2009)