View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 05:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
Brian I am absolutely dreading this summer. I have become so water conscience that I feel guilty about watering my lawn. We are running out of water here in sydney too, and nobody is doing anything about it. It's only a matter of time before we have no water at all.

I have trained myself to use the bare minimum water to wash dishes and clean house etc. When I see someone watering there lawn without a care in the world, I get a bit cranky.

I mean my lawn looks dry and parched, but I need to do my bit, to cut back on what I consume. But our poor NSW farmers are desperate for water,loosing their businesses and livelihoods, and bushfires are very close behind.

Someone needs to figure out a solution quick.
Yeah Aussie, i know it pretty bad in New South Wales too, what stage water restrictions are you on ?, i think Melbourne is on stage 3, we are on stage 4 and we have much more water than Melbourne has.
I really do feel for the farmers too, some taking a gamble and sowing their seeds in a desperate hope of rain coming eventually, and some even have got that depressed they are committing suicide, and so many having to sell their for fathers family farms is real sad.
In the morning i will be hooking up to divert Bathroom and laundry waste water to go out to the garden, luckily we have lots of roses which are pretty hardy, we have been putting plastic containers in the sinks so we can use that water outside too, if everyone does the right thing we should be okay i hope.
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote