View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default we have progressed, sadly, despite LDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyk View Post
Lurking..., I just read your post on this thread and I'm not sure if I understand what you said in your 4th paragraph. Are you or someone you know also taking LDN? If so, could you expand on what you said?
I also have been taking fish oil for about a year, off and on. Maybe always after reading reports here.
Ashley
Hi AshleyK, yes, my husband has been taking LDN since we read about it, maybe a year after dx...we have definitely progressed, I hate to say, but here is the always present "but": maybe we would have progressed faster without LDN, who knows? Regardless, it does help my husband with sleep.

When we went the few weeks without LDN, my husband said he felt "things got worse" but was not able to articulate exactly how. He is very logical, analytical, and objective, so I believe him, in other words, I don't think it was placebo ("I'm not taking LDN so I must be getting worse" kind of thinking). We got our script filled finally, and things "leveled out" is the best way to describe it, but he doesn't feel like he got back to where he was before, it was like we just lost the 2 weeks and were stuck with the stage he was then at when we got our LDN filled.

This may not make much sense but it's the best way I can describe it.
I think it's great LDN works for PD for some, and other conditions as well. Just wish we got the same benefit in terms of staving off progression that you and others are experiencing!!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote