View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default seven year old

I did check the tourettes forum. I am so frustrated because other then
medications and therapies I don't know what else to do. There is no recommended treatment for PANDAS OCD on the NIMH site. On the medications like Abilify he is much easier to go along with things. However after a few months it stops working. He starts to get meltdowns and anxiety again. We have started the celexa and it seems to be helping. Last night after he couldn't go to get something he wanted( that is his obsession getting things), he threw a fit and slammed doors and threw some things. The door hit his sister in the face. That was the first meltdown in a few days. I am sure some of this is sensory related too. We do OT twice a week. We did do GF for awhile but I didn't notice enough change. Also did the supplements for a few years. I didn't see them helping either. Are people here anti medication? We traveled to Florida to see a psychiatrist big in the PANDAS research and she recommended medications also for the symptoms such as ADHD and anxiety OCD and the tics. That is the only kind of help Dr's are willing to give and I am desperate. If someone here can lead me to a Dr. who would want to treat PANDAS, who accepts insurance, I would be more then willing to try it. We have seen many different types of Dr's over the last six years. I would like to start a PANDAS support group blog because it is a lonely place to be as a parent without the medical community supporting these kids.
msnyder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote