View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, I am lurking here as i celebrate earth day indoors waiting for my GI to call. i have a stuck shift key, so the odd capitalization is not all cognitive, but lately, the old brain is not what it used to be either.

i just today saw an article saying they are treating huntingtons disease with minocycline...yup, an old tetracycline....and it slows progression....hmmmm.

i am not big proponent of plowing antibiotics into people, but, some of these low dose things that work like DMARDS, could they help?

i have the C fiber thing with heat impairment....i did not turn one spit of purple in that test except a few nanospots between my toes.

it has been years now and my ANA seems to finally be up there, beyond high. unlike you, i have no burning....my case is weird for SFN....unless, like you said, things are just dead.

Gosh, I wish you luck. I am glad your experience there was better than mine at Hopkins. I had such high hopes....and i didn't even leave a drop of blood there. i am sure that there are very good physicians at hopkins and if one wants to look me over again, and really think about my case, i would make the trip.....but that is the key...thinking. A lot of the conclusions the docs come to, we had in our minds before we went to see them. They were obvious and elementary. it is so good to get some one who really is willing to put all the data, from all the years together and think for a few days. perhaps that is expecting too much.

I would have a nervous breakdown negotiating southern CA, so i am stuck here in the heartland for a while....actually, i think I reached the end of the internet.

On this Earth Day, perhaps, we need to consider how much the environment has impacted our health. Sure a germ could have caused this, (i believe this in my case) and so could one of the 700 chemicals that linger in our bodies.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote