Thread: Tweet Hugh!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tweet Hugh!

For all the Twitterers out there, on April 14, actor Hugh Jackman put forth a Twitter challenge:

“I will donate 100K to one individual’s favorite nonprofit organization. Of course, you must convince me why by using 140 characters or less”.

I am writing to invite/encourage you, family and friends to tweet back @RealHughJackman and tell him why he should give the $100,000 prize to MJFF (or I guess any non-profit for whom you are passionate!) The winning charity will be announced this Friday, April 24, so get in your tweets today or tomorrow!

As a great example, one of our supporters already got her tweet in last week: “@RealHughJackman Michael J. Fox Fndtion. Gamechanger for disease research. Could ultimately impact every life... not just those with PD”.

For those of you not yet Twittering, think about making this your inaugural tweet. Twitter is a social media site (ranked third behind MySpace and Facebook in popularity) where people share short update messages with their friends and “followers” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter).

Sweet tweeting!

Best, Debi
Debi Brooks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote