View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiboysmom View Post
I put 'again' in quotes, because I realize that I should never have stopped the supplements, and that I was never really 'cured'!

I first learned of a possible B12 deficiency back in 2000 (I was 26 years old at the time), for some reason the number 187 is in my head, but I'm not sure exactly. I had previously had some strange medical issues that I am still not sure was related to B12.. (hearing loss from nerve damage, atrial tachycardia) I had a shilling test back then, but never determined what the problem was.. I took sublingual B12 for a while, and for some reason stopped taking them.

Fast forward 9 years... Now I am beginning to feel very run down again, lightheaded, that same funny feeling in my arms.. I had some bloodwork done, and the dr said my iron was low, and my Sed Rate high, but everything else was normal. I asked about the B12.. it was 302. I told her that from what I had learned in the past, that was 'low'. She then agreed that I should take B12, which I was planning on doing.

So.... I came back to the web and started doing the same searches I did 9 years ago, and as soon as I saw the names Rose and MrsDoubtfyre, wow, it all came rushing back to me. I even went into my medical file and found a print out of one of the articles you had posted back then to take to my doctor. I found a new article, printed it out and faxed it to my dr with a little note. She agreed to have my MMA and homocysteine levels checked tomorrow. I guess after that I'll see what should be done (if anything) next.

The high Sed Rate confuses me a bit. I know it could mean lots of things, but just wish I knew!

I guess I dont have any real questions, just wanted to say that it was so nice to find familiar 'faces' after so long
i dont know about sed rate but i had a low b12 level, below normal range for many many years, no one addressed it, so i didnt take any supplements now i have periphreal neuropathy, wondering if that was the cause
torey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote