View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

yes, BF. I was 40 years old and learning how to breathe. It does help. Di is telling you right. I take in 3 slow, controlled breaths and it's amazing the releases that can happen. I do this in bed, when I can't sleep or if I'm feeling the tightness in my chest from anxiety.

I also created a quiet area, in my bathroom, where I go to retreat from the stresses and anxiety of everyday life. I have candles and soft music. a portable heater to get the bathroom toastie. I will often take a shower, bubble bath or just soak in hot water. I'm able to get in and out of the tub now. I relax and breathe and think of positive things. sometimes 10 minutes to a couple of hours. I look forward to my visits there.

It's hard to stay calm when you have a lot to be upset about all the time.

Hope you have better days.

(Broken Wings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
Di... Thank you for the advice. That's what I need to do. I need to practice breathing right. I've noticed a heaviness around my lungs at times when My anxieties where calmer in the middle of my chest. A psychiatrist told me that's called free floating anxiety.

I've felt below my heart something that felt like a broken glass. It might be nerves that have been stretched when I had that pain in my chest,and I'd wake up after a nap,and those muscles where starting to relax. I don't know why all of this happens.

I have a triangular area in my head that needs to relax also. It starts just above my eye's,and goes half way up my forhead,then down to the top of the muscles in my neck. If that area just above my eye's gets dizzy,sometimes the bottom of my head will shake. All of this seems to be tied together. No one understood this if I tryed to explain it when I was growing up.

When I breath from the tummy area,I'll try to relax the upper neck area also. Does anyone else here have that?

Thank you Di...I'll try that. I haven't worked on my breathing for relaxation in a while. Thank you for mentioning this. BF

"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (04-23-2009), ginnie (10-25-2012)