View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Eddie. I'm sorry you had to go through so much dismissive behavior before someone took you seriously! That usually only happens to us women.

There are places that can counsel you on quitting smoking. There are alternatives to patches like hypnotherapy, etc. I think quitting is different for everyone; though I've never smoked more than a few times so I have no idea what it is like. Sometimes even insurance companies will have free programs you can attend.

22 is so young to have MG. I hope you are able to get around and do things. You be careful down there in Florida! I couldn't handle the heat and humidity down there. When you're out in the heat, it can be really deceptive how you are doing. You may not get weaker until later, or even the next day or two. The immune system is so weird that way. I often get hit more on day two after doing errands.

Everyone here has something to offer, whether it's knowledge or experience or support or just a laugh. Sometimes it's hard for people to be on here because we can feel like crap and just not want to talk. And this disease is so unpredictable that it makes handling it, physically and emotionally, like a roller coaster ride. I try to focus on what is good, even if some days it's hard to see it.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote