View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy all gone,too!

Wow,I just found this site, what a treasure, a place with others like me! After 11 years of dry mouth from meds for nerve pain, I had to get all but the bottom 6 removed, the dentist was hoping the rest would last another 5 years, but now just 3 years later, they also have to go.He had left the 6 so the bottom denture would have some place to hook on to, so now I will likely need a new denture for the bottom. I grew up with strong, straight, beautiful white teeth, they used to light up at the school dances in high school, where there would always be a black light on, the kids would point at my glowing teeth and laugh! So to lose them has been difficult, I do not enjoy food much anymore, as the top dentures cover up the taste buds, and they are not as sharp as real teeth, unless I just have a really poorly made set.I have strengthened my gums enough that I can usually eat most food with the dentures out, I only wear them when I am not alone, I just hate them! I saw a new dental procedure being advertised here as new, it is the dental implants, that all of you must be talking about. So I looked them up, to find out how much money I was looking at, and they cost more than the mortgage on my house!!Even with their payment plan, there is no way I could ever afford them, so I am wondering how much they cost in the United States, compared to here in Saskatchewan,Canada.It never fails, something new comes out and I can never afford it, I should know by now to not get so excited. I turned 49 this January, and I figure that I could possibly still live another 25 years, so the implants would have been great. If any of you with the dreaded dry mouth can get them, then I hope that you do!They will be so much better than dentures, I hope any of you who want them, can afford to get them! If anyone reading this has got them, I would like to hear how much you are happy that you got them.
prairiemary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote