View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 3am and up again!!! tooth extracted

Hi
i had severe tooth pain sunday/monday and tuesday this week,i had the tooth pulled out at 10am wednesday morning which was a wonderful relief. The tooth was a molar at the bottom right of my mouth, i got home and the numbness started to wear off,there was a lot of soreness which i expected,the dentist told me it was a very bad tooth. I am a smoker but havent had a cigeratte in 4 days and have no desire to any time soon,it is 3am and im up with severe pain again unable to sleep at all and totally depending on the vicodin that i was given,i was also given anti-biotics (taken 2 so far) they are amoxicillin 500mg. Its been many years since i had a molar removed and just dont remember it been this painful after the tooth has gone,i guess i might be wrong!!! Is this normal for a molar and does anybody know how long to tolerate this pain for before i need to return to my dentist to see if there is a problem and also does anybody know whats best for pain,i have the vicodin which kills about 95% of the pain.

thank you
lee.
leenewton1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote