View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 11:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lizzie,

I've heard a similar theory about surgery or anaethestic but not back injury (although the surgery part could link them). My back is one of the only things on my body that seems to do what it's meant to!! My MG emerged in a big way after I had surgery to remove my wisdom teeth. I was under general anaesthetic and had an "anaesthetic-induced" crisis - one of the scariest moments of my life, but at lesat I was in the right place. I've since had laproscopic surgery for my endometriosis and my gall-bladder removed with no complications.

Although I say that my MG really started then, I have had double vision since birth (Dwyane's syndrome or a 6th nerve palsy) and looking back at photos my eyes have been a bit wonky on and off since high school. So who knows what would happened with or without the surgery.

I'm interested to see if others have thoughts on where/when their MG emerged.

On a positive (albeit unrelated) note.... I went for a Dexa (bone density) scan on Tuesday and my spine and hip are both quite healthy. Great news considering I've been on high dose steroids for over a year now and I've never really been a milk drinker. I was so relieved to have the good news.

Hope everyone is well!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote