View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kathy, I have to have my bone density test in June. After almost 5 years on Prednisone, mine have been coming back normal too, and each and every time, I do a sigh of relief..
If one is given the wrong anesthesia during surgery, it can throw an MG'er into a crisis. Same with being careful not to have the dentist use Lidocaine (lidocaine is the new Novacaine, actually they haven't used novacaine in years, but still call it that cause that's what people know..kind of like Kleenex)
Anyways, a person with MG should ask for "Carbocaine" when at the dentist.
I believe, I've had a certain level of MG my whole life. I was a very active child, but I remember feeling my muscles getting tired faster than others, and my ankles use to always give out during gymnastics. And during the birth of my youngest daughter, my body, just wouldn't push any longer, The muscles just stopped. To the point, they had to go in and hand take out the placenta (sp?), cause I couldn't push it out.
They sent it out to get biopsey cause they didn't understand what happened. They could tell, my muscles just stopped.
But the Accident, and spinal injury seemed to really bring it out in full force.
I'm always curious as to what others believe was their turning point. Very interesting.
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote