View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 05:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ok, zinc is sounding good. I did SCD for awhile but through I'd follow Paleo instead, which is basically the same thing, except no dairy products and a little tighter restrictions on some things.

But, my Mom got ill and that lead to some stress eating. Pretty sure Cheetos aren't paleo food. I was getting back into the saddle with the my eating but went a little wild on Sunflower seeds and natural peanut butter (mixed with raisins and a touch of honey... don't try it, it is too good). And I have been hitting the eggs extra heavy with my discovery of "sweet omelets". I've always had this suspicion that nuts were not my friends and now I think we could add seeds to that category, and perhaps legumes and eggs.

I've been on a very strict paleo with a couple of exceptions (splenda, and an occassional forray into peanut territory when I'm absolutely starving at work). For the last week I've been getting more strict and things have been settling down. I guess I'll hold it at this and see if I can keep my gut in order for a week, then I'll try something fancy again. Like sunflower seeds.

Meanwhile, I suppose I should try to find some other thing I can have at work when I'm really hungry. Maybe I should just keep cans of tuna in my drawer. Yuck, not exactly what appeals to me in the middle of the day.
NancyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote