View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

AintSoBad,

You sure have a load to carry. Sorry to hear about the way others have treated you. Welcome to the club.

Regarding your past attorney with your files, have you complained to the State Bar? Most states have laws against retaining a clients files. They cannot even keep them when fees are unpaid.

You might want to check with an elder attorney. They may have expertise with clients who have been taken advantage of.

Research your State Bar Code of Professional Conduct.
In PA the Supreme Court regulates attorneys.

Here is a link about "retaining files." http://www.padisciplinaryboard.org/f...#RetainingFile

You may have a "public accommodations" claim for being discriminated against due to your disability.

Have you found anybody who can help with your TOS? I have chronic TOS since an injury in 2001. I found a PT who is expert at working with TOS. She uses myofacial release and other modalities. She could tell I had TOS before she touched me, just by observing my posture. Hope you can find someone who has similar skills.

Regarding your nightmares, have you been check for sleep apnea? I have central sleep apnea caused by my TOS. If I lay in the wrong position, my breathing stops and I have nightmares. I sleep best in a recliner with a pillow supporting my head so it does not roll to the side.

At first, I was afraid to go to sleep because sleeping was so traumatic. Now, I just have to be very disciplined about my sleeping posture. I have body jerks in my sleep so I take Neurontin to reduce the jerks. Otherwise, the jerks will cause me to change position and I end up having nightmares.

Brother do I understand your dilemma. That evasive good night sleep is rare and exhausting when it does not happen. I would rather not sleep than sleep bad.

I use TV to occupy my mind when I cannot sleep. My brain injury makes it impossible for me to read for pleasure so TV is all that is left. If it wasn't for the cable/satellite channels, I would be in deep trouble. I have even learned that some infomercials can be good for insomnia.

Hope I have been helpful.

Time for me to get ready to go to brain injury support group. It is the only place where anybody understands what my wife is going through. Have your kids ever been to a brain injury support group meeting? They would benefit greatly.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gardengrl (04-23-2009), pono (05-04-2009)