View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Mark in Idaho;
I use TV to occupy my mind when I cannot sleep. My brain injury makes it impossible for me to read for pleasure so TV is all that is left. If it wasn't for the cable/satellite channels, I would be in deep trouble. I have even learned that some infomercials can be good for insomnia.

.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I know this is off topic..sorta....I know what you mean about reading with a brain injury....it's just so frustrating! I recieved an email a few days ago,,\it has be confused to no end!

I will paste it here for you, & I am hoping you will tell me if you could read it, & if so, how easy or hard was it for you?

This is weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
gardengrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pono (05-04-2009)