View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down Grrrr

Yeah...I watched it. That is one reason I decided to pop on here (haven't been on here in ages....I am an old "oldie" that pops out of woodwork every now and again), to see if anyone else had, and what they thought about it.

Paula Abdul is really ticks me off. I was SOO hoping that they wouldn't mention her "RSD" that she is supposed to have...but I'll be danged if Cynthia McFaddden didn't! I was surprised that not only did she say "RSD", but she also said the whole "Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy", AND that it was a severely painful nerve condition that causes chronic pain (didn't put that in quotes, as I can't remember her exact wording...but it was bascially that). that was a good thing...what was bad is the old footage of the Freaked Out Paula that they kept showing. Her being all weird, acting stoned out of her mind...or drunk as crap, and wildly gesculating all over the place.

I don't know about your all, but I certainly DO NOT gesculate like that when I am hurting super bad. I look more like a decrepid 99 year old lady when pain levels are as bad as what Paula was trying to say hers where/are.

What gets me is that Paula lied. She actually stumbled over at least one of her lies too. I caught it....don't know how many other folks did. She sat there and said over and over again that she had "never. Never EVER" been drunk. That she doesn't drink ( think that she even said that she had NEVER EVER even had a drink..which I DO NOT believe at all!!)....and had NEVER EVER been drunk. A little bit later in the interiew, she again was denying drinking and being drunk, and she ALMOST said "I don't like how it makes me feel" (being drunk, that is)...but caught herself. Uh huh. How can you know what something feels like, and if you like it or not, if you have never experienced the feeling? Liar.

We had lots of conversations abot Paula when she first came out saying she had RSD after she was acting so very freaky...and when she made the cover or People. It seems to me that this is just more of the same; something to use as an excuse to pin her weird behavior on, without a thought as to what such claims do to the Chronic Pain Community. I guess that we ALL are supposed to act like Whack Jobs, just because we hurt...and hurt badly? That it makes us look like we are on a two day stoned out buzz? Or week long drunk? I mean..she emphatically says that she takes NO PAIN MEDICATION AT ALL..so we cant even just say "Oh..it mush be her meds. Maybe they changed her dose or something" (which has happned to me, when my pain meds got changed, or the dosage upped, and I wasn't used to it. Although, I have to say, the few times that I have had something make me feel at all weird or not like my normal self stopped that med and we tried something else that worked better). I have had (and still have) enough troubles getting folks to understand my pain..without them thinking that I might go off acting like a nut at any time, just because I have RSD. ARGH!!! Thanks again, Paula! Sheesh.

Oh....her doc told Cynthia that she not only suffers from RSD, but 4 other "chronic pain conditions, any one of which would sideline anyone else. He aplauds Paulas strenght". Whatever.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
((hugs))
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kimmie (05-07-2009)