View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
replying to my own message because I just found something interesting.

Further evidence of a possible association between house dogs and multiple sclerosis

My poodle that I had from the time I was 11 till I was 28 was neurologically weird. He had epilepsy. (common in poodles) Eeeek...wish I hadnt found that link...

oh well...I've already got the MS, maybe this dog wont be neurologically weird like Chako was.
Erin, the date on the article is 1977. There has never been any evidence dogs have any connection to us getting MS. This is one of those unproven theroies.

If you want a dog then get one, just don't get one from a pet store -they are puppy mill puppies in most cases. Try checking at you local animal shelter or an individual.

I had 2 dogs when I was dx'd. I went through a severe exacerbation with 2 very young children and 2 dogs. I had 2 more dogs. now, at 23 years dx'd I have one cat and one puppy (10 1/2 months old). I have always been able to take care of pets and children even through exacerbations.

Dogs and/or kids let you focus on something other than your MS....at least it works for me.
Erin524 (04-24-2009), Jules A (04-24-2009), Kitty (04-24-2009)