View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 08:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I just didn't have the sensitivity to light touch; mine was more of a deep muscle and bone ache, and nerve sensitivity, and it spread up my leg pretty quickly.
Hello everybody!
That is the type of pain i usually hav and sometimes burning pain.
The other day I was reading outside on my campus, it was a very nice day, and i went inside after about 10 mins and felt not only burning pain, but my right arm was really red and it had gotten really hot. This is the first time i noticed these symptoms.
My RSD spread up my right arm and to my left w/n 2 months of the docs suggesting i had RSD. The nerve blocks did give me complete pain relief for a few hrs but didn't last much longer. I got a second opinion and he started me on cervical ESIs that seemed to help more than the blocks (no complete relief but lasted much longer than the blocks).
I just turned 21 and just want to be rid of this. I will definitly tell my doc I want to be more aggressive tho. Hopefully w/ God's help, I can go into remission. My only problem w/ PT is how expensive it is. My mom is supporting me (yes, 21 and my mom has to take care of me. I think it's sad) and she is having so much trouble w/ all the doc bills piling up.
My boyfriend isn't very supportive, and I just don't know what to do w/ him. He wants me to work, even tho I am telling him "I can't!" He wants the best for me, he just doesn't seem to understand all that i am going thru and dealing w/. He is having such a tough time w/ this crap. Any thoughts on this?
I really appreciate every1's replies and hope to hear more! We are all together in this fight!
shogan7RSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-24-2009), loretta (10-09-2010)