View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Mestinon.......Questons.....

Hi all.,
This is my third day on the mestinon., I know the neuro told me I would have more saliva, or something like that., well I have bad allergies., I take Zyrtec and singulair., sometimes if I am around alot of allergens I will get chest congestion and cough up phlegm ( sorry don't mean to be gross ) and it gets hard to exhale., kind of like asthma , but I have no problem only when I am around allergens. Since I had a cold about a month ago I have had this excess congestion., and it seems since I started the mestinon it has worsened., twice so far today I have had to cough up alot of phelgm., and I know it is not a myesthenic crisis as my breathing is not labored., it is like it always has been when I am around allergens., everything is blooming now., but it does seem worse since the mestinon.

Does any one else have this problem?

Also., please help, I get the CAT scan on Monday of the thymus gland., and I see the neuro Wednesday., I want to tell him about this chest congestion, because I think down the line., it might cause some confusion with the myasthenic crisis?

How could I differentiate this?

How does a crisis actually feel?

Thank you all so much
whirlwind123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote