View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess18 View Post
Just doing research and wanted to know if you injured yourself how quickly did symptoms show that pointed to RSD? Was it days, hours, weeks, months?
Who diagnoses this condition, wouldnt it be a neurologist, as it is an illness of the CNS?
If you only have one symptom, how did you know it was rsd or were you lead down a path of many drs?

thanks. jess
for my self i had a foot surgery i had a tumor in the joint of my big toe and a bunion which i didnt know my thought was i am 33 why do i have a bunion? but xrays showed it .
i had symptoms days after surgery air would hurt i couldnt walk on my foot for weeks it hurt so bad, at 6 weeks post op my foot was blue sweaty swollen, no one could touch it.. socks would feel like i was crushing my foot. my foot dr put alchol on my foot and then it went ice cold 20 degrees colder then the other foot and so did my leg. i had atrophy in my leg also. that is when my foot dr said i had rsd in my foot and leg

for me i was one of the lucky ones i was dx quick my foot doc said i was text book had all the symptoms discolor sweat swelling atrophy even black hair growing off my toes.. that was a big yucky for me , and pain alot of it.

hope that helps, take care michelle
michelles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-24-2009)