View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Another problem......with upcoming CT scan

The neuro ordered me a CAT scan with contrast for the chest and thymus gland , well I thought the last time I had a test with iodine I had to be premedicated as I am allergic., I had this written on my allergie list on the Doctors form., so I call the CAT scan Tech , she advised that they would not do the test ( no kidding., I wouldn't let them ) unless I was premedicated and for me to call my neuro., I called the office, the first thing the girl said when I told her was Oh there isn't iodine based in that., I advised yes there is and I spoke to the cat scan tech , so she says let me find your file, and I explained again that I needed premedicated with prednisone and benedryl., she came back on the phone and says Cross of the work contrast on you prescription for the test and we will call the hospital and tell them also without contrast. Well I thought I needed the contrast???? The Cat Scan tech thought so., so now what., I guess I get it down with out the contrast., I hope he can see and rule out the thymus gland tumor., I don't know why he just wouldn't call the pharmacy and call in the pre meds., the test isn't till monday. Oh, I don't know I like him less and less., I can't wait till I can get in to the neuro I want., but that will be months....Did anyone else have the CAT scan without contrast?
whirlwind123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote