View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Annie., you have just been wonderful with all of your help and support., I am going to call my Primary Doctor on Monday about a pulmonologist referrel., and then when I go to the neuro on wednesday to get my test results., I will mention to him about the congestion., and the allergens so he knows about it and see if he still wants me to take the mestinon., I know they only want to handle their field., and I try to understand that., but I am just a complete wreck right now., and I think I will calm down., it has just been a couple bad days.., Your help and everyones is very helpful., and I really appreciate it . Thanks so much.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Okay, you need to RELAX!!

I have had the CT with no contrast. I have a shrimp allergy and have had contrast with Benadryl beforehand. HOWEVER, if you have a big allergy to iodine and need Pred and Benadryl, go ahead and have the CT without contrast!!! They can see the little thymus just fine without it.

Why they like to have contrast is just in case there is a thymoma. They can see it better with the contrast. But I've known people who have had the contrast, no one saw a thymoma, they have the thymus out and there is one.

I think the most important thing is your overall health. You are having trouble with congestion, probably due to Mestinon's cholinergic properties. I don't think adding an allergy response on top of that is a very good idea (via having contrast).

Go ahead, do it without. But that's just my opinion. I have allergies and asthma and there was no way I was going to have the contrast!

Annie

Neuros can be "funny." They sometimes don't like to be "bothered" with things other than their field of expertise. They aren't allergists. That's why you need an allergist and/or a pulmonologist for times like this.
whirlwind123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote