View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 06:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear sweet Gmasue...(((hugs))) such a good question that requires a lot of thought to even try to answer..lol..no easy answer. Maybe we can bat it around a little bit.

It does seem obvious that as individuals our experiences are also so indivudualistic, as is the way that we perceive and react to any given experience in our life. Some people are allergic to certain meds and even the allergic reaction can be different and at different intensities, some are life threatening, and some are not.

So too, are our individualistic reactions to any given life situation. So the 'ingredients' or 'balm' that is needed could, and would, be highly individualistic.

I think we search and are drawn to those people and things which will help us. We may try something only to find it doesn't work and have to try something else. This is true even with medications.

Who is your doctor in life? Do you depend entirely on medication or do you have faith in something beyond the ability of any doctor or medication? I think we have to get in touch with our own inner strength, and how we go about that is also highy individualistic. Sometimes we can touch on it intensely and it gives us strength to get through and can give us insight as to what we need to do, or, what 'balm' we need to heal and persevere.

For some people it is prayer, others meditation. For some it is conventional medication, others healing herbs and alternative medicine. And for some it is a mixture of both.

I think, above all, we need love in our lives. Real love, not the fantansy that the world tries to present to us. How we get that is up to us. We need real friends, real people, a real dream, and answers to the real questions about life. We need something that will keep us wanting to get through those hard times, something to reach for, and something to make it worth it. I hope this makes sense.

I love your 'deep' questions about life my dear friend. I hope you are doing well. sssssss

Please keep in mind, this is just me thinking out loud....

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-26-2009), barbo (04-24-2009), GmaSue (04-26-2009), pono (04-25-2009), vini (04-25-2009)