View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I have Asthma, and I have an inhaler, and I take mestinon. The only side effect I have from mestinon, is diarrhea, severe diarrhea, so they wrote a script for me to help with it.
I'm not entirely sure a person can tell if they are having a severe allergy, or asthma attack, virsus it being a crisis.
When you feel your breathing deteriorating, call your doctor ASAP.
Having said that, I will tell you that being put on a ventilator wasn't as bad as my imagination thought it would be.

When I'm going down, this is what happens to me. Days before, I'll start feeling weaker than usual, Mild breathlessness and then I start choking more, and my breathing is much more labored. (now, I do have Ph, Heart issues, and Asthma) But it really doesn't matter. Calling the doctor, or going directly to the ER is what you should do.

I've had times, there was no warning, and it felt like someone shut my breathing off, for just a couple of seconds. I hate that when it happens. But it has, and it's scary. I then will go up and lay down with the bi-pap machine on for an hour or so.
It has saved me many times.

I just heard today that there is something other than Mestinon that can be taken. It's called Mytelase. I'm going to ask my neuro about it. Maybe you should as well.
best of wishes
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote