View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Doctors don't seem to have gotten the message yet that rsd is a very individual disorder, it is progressive, it does spread and not everyone will have the same symptoms! You do not have to have touch sensitivity in order to definitely have rsd. I didn't! My only sensitivity was to air and even that for a few months was touch and go. I developed sensitivity to air about 3 years into it. The burning was not present for me at first either. I felt my first burn around 3-4 months into it. The most "common" symptoms of rsd are swelling(which isn't always there. I did have it bad in the beginning and after learning to walk again it disappeared and never returned.), pain out of proportion to the original injury, skin color and skin temperature change. The skin and hair/nail changes may or may not develop over time, as well as bone changes. My bone scans done at 5 months and 1 yr 5 months show my bones to be absolutely normal. I knew a guy in 2003 who had had rsd for 10 yrs then and every bone scan he had done came back normal. Just goes to show everyone and how their body deals with rsd is different.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-24-2009), dreambeliever128 (04-25-2009), loretta (10-09-2010), shogan7RSD (04-26-2009)