View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My pain management physician says "it's a good thing we caught this thing early" at every visit. I want to throw up when she says it because I don't feel like it's a good thing. However, after reading the horror stories here, I am fortunate. For me there haven't been years of tests, multiple doctors, and failed therapies. Now I realize that's what she meant. The disease is the same it's just now I know what I'm up against. In 3 months it's spread from my right hand up my arm and my left hand is starting to show signs of the "mirror" thing.

My rsd came from a CESI gone awry so I've sworn off needles - no blocks in my future. So far Lyrica works but I'm going to try PT in an effort to lower the dosage.

I'm so sorry your boyfriend doesn't understand. However, he may come around so don't loose faith. Try looking on the website American RSDHope - they have some useful information about helping loved ones learn to cope.

As far as your mom goes... I have 4 daughters (about your age), and i'm confident that she'll do whatever she can for you no matter what your age. I know from working in a hospital (I'm a patient advocate) that if you mom has hospital bills, they will work with her. If she goes to the financial counselor and tells them her situation, they will work with her. Try not to feel guilty about her taking care of you. Your independence is right around the corner.
Sally
Grammadur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-24-2009), loretta (10-09-2010), shogan7RSD (04-26-2009)