View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 07:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Thank you all

Hey Idealist, Broken Wings, and Twinkletoes,

I'm really excited to be here and toss in my 2 cents worth. That's Canadian currency, so I guess it's a penny and a half!

Yes, getting back on stage is a total rush for me; I so miss it and am thrilled to be doing well enough to pull off magic shows again.

As for losing weight, I'm willing to share what is working for me lately. This is a huge issue for me. I've gained over 50 pounds after being totally inactive for over six years.

I've set a goal for losing 5 pounds a month, getting back to under 190 pounds in one year.

I asked my ex for advice because she has probably lost 60 pound in the past year and a half, from kick-boxing classes and diet. She recommends that I eat half of what I've been eating, avoid complex carbs, sweets and high fat food and getting back into running every day, along with strengthening exercises. I use to run 3 miles a day several years ago and loved it. These small changes alone are enough for me right now. I've had success with it for a few weeks so far...

Be well,

Don
DonaldMParker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-24-2009), Alffe (04-28-2009), Idealist (04-25-2009), Twinkletoes (04-24-2009)