View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't seen much on Paula talking about her condition, and she doesn't talk about RSD in this video. She did say she had been on nerve medication, and that alone can probably explain her loopy behavior. I know when I was taking high doses of Lyrica I was a loony. I teach college courses, and after my doc had increased my dose of Lyrica, I started slurring my words and stuff--I'm sure my students must have thought I was drunk. This med also made me suicidal and really kind of crazy--kind of how Paula looked. I wouldn't go near it again. Gabapentin never had that effect on me. This may not be a popular opinion, but I think some people are also good at hiding their pain. I don't think my students knew that I was hurting or what I was going through, and being active in my career helped take my mind off the pain. But then I would come home and crash. I don't know what Paula's going through, but after 15 surgeries there has to be some lingering pain (whether it's RSD or something else). There's probably a reason she's a judge on American Idol and no longer active in her singing career. I am so glad I don't need to live my life in a fish bowl. I can imagine the headlines they'd have about me!
Millerprof is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-24-2009), kimmie (05-07-2009), Sandel (04-26-2009)