View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

VL
I have been working under the ticket to work. Actually the office of vocational rehabilatation in our area was much more help and did not need my TTW to assist me. I never used the ticket until two years ago when I needed a laptop and adaptive software to work. Voc rehab could use my TTW to receive gov funds back, saving their funds for other items and people.

I did receive a huge amount of funding when I went back to school also.
I have never had a review for the three years, but did get a letter stating after reviewing my work history I did not have any chargeable quarters towards my 9 months, and I did not have any significant medical recovery,

So it is not that big a deal, except I can't rule out my not having a review, or the letter I received was in lue of a review.
the other thing too, if you do want to try to work, I have worked over three years and my benefits adjust every year by at least $30 to $50 a month for the part time work I am earning. In addition I can earn up to the $1000 and not worry about any chargable quarters with deductions they use to offset, and whether I had any medical improvement.

I did not need the TTW to pay for any retraining. They never even asked for it until the huge investment for equipment was made.
I am looking forward to the $250 though, I need tires and exhaust on the car to do this new job.
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (04-25-2009), Vowel Lady (04-27-2009)