View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default White rat supreme!

I saw this too and wondered why they didn't give more details...but it's a blessing, actually, because they used our friend the rodent and ultimately would have had to try it on people, but you beat them to it! Thanks very much for trying it, and for sharing with others. I am very happy for you that you are feeling better, and it seems, significantly so.

Perhaps OT, perhaps not....I read last night of a little boy whose autism has mysteriously improved, significantly, after riding horses in Mongolia. His family watched in amazement as an encounter with a horse here in the USA (the family is from Texas, where we are), which could have left him dead or badly hurt, seemed to calm him and improve his condition. The astute parents followed their son's cue, and traveled to Mongolia and immersed their son amongst the locals and their horses. They returned, with three cardinal autism symptoms gone (one being incontinence, so this was a huge improvement).

Turns out, the motion of the horse is recognized as beneficial to those with autism...as little as 18-25 minutes once a week, for 8 weeks, has been found to improve those with autism! It's called hippotherapy, who knew? The father has written a book, his name is Isaacson, I believe, about their experience. You can google it if you want to read more, but I see a connection between the physical stimulation of riding a horse for those with autism and the spinal stimulation for PD.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsippe (09-09-2012), Atma Namaste (04-27-2012), gardengrl (04-30-2009)