View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
OK, so the current bed bug outbreak has me itching before I even get to a hotel. What do you do to keep the bugs or whatever getting anywhere near you? Gosh, I never thought I'd have to go beyond bleaching the whole room.

Yep, I come armed with bleach cleaner and my own wipes and air spray. lol

I plan to bring my own sheets, pillows and cover. BUT, that wont keep the bed bugs off if they are in the mattress! Plus, I plan to throw away these sheets and pillows so I don't bring anything home.

Anyone have advice on what they do? Is there a spray to kill anything on the bed if there is anything on the bed? I don't care of I don't see anything I am still freaking out about it. We're planning several hotel visits this year.

Thanks ahead of time!
If you contact the hotel ahead to tell them you have hyperallergenic problems they do a deep power clean.
The one thing is, you can see bed bugs in the seams on the mattress cracks, I would not sleep in it.
Also, if you are near sand, like a beach or Disney resorts that have sand beaches those sites carry a sand flea that bites and people mistake the bites for bed bugs.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (04-25-2009), SandyC (04-25-2009), Twinkletoes (04-26-2009)