View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Post concussion syndrome and work comp

I had never heard of post concussion syndrome until it happened to me. I was attacked at work and my head was smashed into a concrete wall. No memory for some time after the event. Long very horrible long story short, workers' compensation is like a terrible long road of never-ending battles. With all the blanks in my head, the headaches as I have neverrrrr had, the hermit I have become due to the sensitivity to light, and just not being me anymore, ...I don't know if it will ever ever end. I thought maybe a few weeks... ok maybe a few months... well it has been a few months....
The work comp insurance company twists and turns and tries to do everything they can nottttttttt to give me adequate treatment and benefits. In this case, one must get an attorney and pray you can somehow make it until the court hearing- in Virginia, it may take awhile.
From not sleeping, ringing in the ears constantly, headaches as I never had, memory problems, gross motor problems, photo and phono sensitivity, oh let me not go on and on here we all have the gift of it all, from all of it, I do wonder, will it ever, ever go away? I had a neurocognitive study done by a Dr. Thomas Ryan PhD @UVA very prestigious - I was lucky to get that gentleman to do the testing- and I would suggest that people with PCS have it done also. Talk to your doctor. Have a GOOD STUDY DONE- NOT A FLY BY NIGHT LOCAL WHODUNIT.
I should quit writing now. Rambling here. God bless.
mendevirginia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote