View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I quit smoking about 4 years after I quit drinking and I'm tellin' ya, I think quitting smoking was harder for me. The 5 pounds of fudge I found in the freezer helped, though. LOL Anyway, I was a 2+ pack a day smoker for years and years. The first 4 days are the hardest, though, and if you've gotten past that, you've got it whipped. Good luck keeping on. The first few days the craving is physical but after that it's more psychological and knowing that helped me a lot in resisting the urge to start again.

One tip I can give you is to stay away from other people's smoke. If you whiff their smoke, it's just like smoking again yourself and keeps your addiction alive or reawakens it. Smelling other people's smoke is like an alcoholic trying to drink just a little bit. It doesn't work and just reawakens the craving.

It sounds like you might have a dry socket. I hope it will get better for you soon. It will go away in time even if it's a dry socket, but there's no worse pain than a dry socket, I don't think. For me, it was worse than the toothache and the pain medication didn't even touch it. It was awful! I hope you'll be feeling much better by the time you read this.
Grizabella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote