View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sweetz,

I was in a car accident and although I showed signs of concussion immediately, they continued to intesify. On a camping trip about 1-1/2 months later, I suddenly discovered that I was unable to orient myself in space without my vision. My feet,hands, etc weren't getting the message to the brain. I also began having a lot of dizziness-room spinning type-, and became very uncoordinated.

The diagnosis was that the symptoms were due to brain swelling. These continued for a couple of months and then resolved.

The brain continues to swell after an injury so you have to be extra careful not to bump your head at all - even a tiny bump while in this injured state can really be bad.
Also, too much heat, like sun directly on the head, is not good.

Make sure you are getting lots of rest, and try not to overstimulate your brain. It needs to be able to focus it's energy on healing itself as much as possible. Be sure to report any new symptoms like this to your doctor.

It's good that you understand the importance of a good attitude and patience. That will be very helpful to your recovery as well.

Best of luck to you.

Becky