View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Australia View Post
G'day from Australia.

First off, thank you for the invite to come back.

I will post the champ's news in another thread shortly.

Everyone in Australia is stunned at Steve's death. His name and identity was a household word here. Everyone new him and admired him.

He was not only a fantastic TV personality and advocate for Australia and Australian animals, but he was also a wonderful dad, very loving husband and a very generous person who gave most of his money to various organisations.

We have had some wonderful documentaries shown about him recently.

The Prime Minister of Australia offered the family a full blown state funeral but the family have declined saying that Steve would not have wanted that. Instead there will be a private funeral for family and close friends.

However in a week or so there will be a public memorial service, which will have to be held at a major venue because thousands will attend.

Steve's daughter who is about seven follows very much in her father's footsteps. She is apparently about to start her own TV show and will certainly continue in her father's tradition. She is fearless of wild reptiles etc

Well I must go. I will post the champ's information probably tomorrow night.

Don't forget to give all your children the 'down under' hugs coming from all of us to all of you

seeya,

Paul, Alison and the one and only champ.

Paul, Welcome back, we missed you! Can't wait to hear all the news of you and the Champ!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin
wheeliebird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote