View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Becky,
I have a TBI also. All I did was fall and hit my head on the brick floor... but, that was all it took.

I have had a lot of improvement by doing exercises. I do memory exercises a LOT.

But, I also think that nerve regeneration has been helped by using methylcobalamin.

I know for sure that methylcobalamin relieves depression. I had tried to kill myself in 1997, now I am having nearly the same kinds of problems and I don't feel suicidal because I have a much more active brain, so it provides me with many other options.

There was a long time I just sat in a chair every day without remembering to make myself meals or do anything different.

It's a tricky thing, the brain. So many people have said I can't possibly have a brain injury because I recognize them... but our brains do so much intricate stuff that an injury impacts us in far more ways than we imagine ... recognizing people is a lot easier than comparing things, for instance. When someone can't remember two things at once, comparing things becomes ... basically impossible.

Okay, I have to go work on legal stuff, but as a parting word, if your husband isn't using Methylcobalamin you might head him to a computer with some of the research that shows how effective it is... I have a lot of excerpts from research on my site. But there are scads of places on the web to read info on the effectiveness of vitamin B12.

.... Oh, I should maybe mention that it's the stress of worrying about you, maybe, that is using up his B12, so I don't think going away would help, it might be worse because then he might be lonely, too.

I really think you and he will be happy to see the difference the methylcobalamin makes... but it's not an overnight change, the lozenges have to be used long enough to actually replace some of the depleted vitamin B12, which often is at least a month. Keep notes, that's really useful later when you want to review what the difference actually was.