View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanz View Post
Hi

I am in my 50's and have had odd issues since my 20's. Over the past 3 years I have had many more problems which make it hard to work - I am a nurse. Heck it makes it hard to do anything even at home.

I saw a rheumy, he sent me straight to a neuro, who said I was too old for MS.

Decided not to bother any more - felt like a hypochondriac.

In Dec 2008 I saw a different rheumy. He examined me, found NO tender points despite the muscles being almost constantly in spasms!! Then he told me I have fibro. Well, a diagnosis, any diagnosis is appreciated.

I wonder how many have been told they have fibro and later on been diagnosed with MS?? There seem to be a lot of similarity

Wonderful bunch of people here, I read lots - but don't post often. Feel I don't fit.

Have a lovely day
Lesley
NZ
Your doctor is a complete idiot!!

I was diagnosed at age 52 with MS in 1995 by the doctors at John's Hopkins. Get yourself to am major teaching medical center as soon as possible!

The tender insertions points is a sign of MS. I know this because my late wife was a physical therapist and she noticed I showed considerable discomfort/pain when when she gave me a message at all my major insrerion points.

Muscles spasms may not caused tender insertion points where muscles that are in a constant state of tension/contraction do.

I am now 65 and have made it to a 30 year retirement in the Civil Service as well as the military with a little help of Avonex which I have MAXimized.

jackD
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-02-2009), Leanz (04-26-2009)