Thread: Bad, bad day!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Becky!

Nope, no breathing issues (thank God for that)............

I am really looking forward to my lave of absence, as I can still get stuff done from home, but won't wear myself out and can take naps when needed. It will be hard to get used to, but so much better in the long run!

I have just got to learn the pacing thing! And I will. I've got to!

I think the pred is the reason for the bad veins - they were always GREAT before. Now they have to dig and dig and put a warm glove on my hand in order to get my bi-weekly blood work done. I would love to not have to get it done, but Dr. I told me that if I don't he will pull my Imuran......

You re always so sweet and upbeat! Do you have any idea how RARE that is? It is so wonderful!

Big, big hugs!
ERin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1256 View Post
Oh Baby Girl! I'm sorry you're having a rough one! You're not having any breathing issues are you?

I think it's a good idea to take a leave and let your strength build up. Just remember not to go too hard as soon as you feel stronger, ok? Just keep telling yourself to be patient and let it REALLY build up - then pace yourself afterward so you don't use it all up.

I hope you don't have to have the plasma.. I have really bad veins too and boy can I identify with you and Lizzie on the needles. When I got my aneurysm coiled that nurse dug & dug - I had a huge hematoma on my left hand. It stuck up about 2 inches and my whole hand swelled and was so purple. Next time in, I'm gonna tell them someone else needs to sink the needles. Very few are able to hit me right, then I often blow the veins - haven't had to have plasma myself yet and I honestly don't know if my veins would hold for it.

Just keep deep breathing and looking ahead to that day when you don't have to go through this all the time to feel good for a while! It'll come.

Lot's 'o Love to you!