View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thanks for the info everyone.

Two things confuse me. First, when I got diagnosed with O.N. my vision was still 20/20...it just seemed like vaseline was smeared over my eye. Second, I had laser eye surgery in 1999 which gave me 20/20 vision. My eyes have regressed some since that surgery and I have to wear glasses now (which is a total bummer). I think I'm at -1.75 and -1.25. Anyhow, I just can't tell if this is a relapse of O.N. or just vision changing. I do have a neuro-opthamologist. He usually has a long wait list for appointments but I suppose I could call tomorrow and try to get squeezed in for an appointment if I tell them I'm having vision issues.

I've also been outside in the heat for 5-7 hours at a multi-day, all day long jazz fest for the past 2 days...and tons of stress and sleep deprivation 2 weeks before. I guess if it lasts for a longer time than I know it's a true relapse and not just from heat and stress??

Cherie, I'm still confused. Are you saying that if you have O.N. you can have your eyes corrected by lenses? Others suggest if it is O.N. than there is nothing lenses can do because damage is permanent?