View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 03:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default phone/internet low cost ideas anyone?

I'm saving gas money and my arms by taking fewer car trips and combining errands, appts on same trips. I try to fill my tank other week on the same day when I am already nearby Costco.

I had my hair cut for free by someone that had finished school but needed models for further training at a high end salon. And I'll get a half price haircut next time with this gal. I found out about it through a social worker friend who knows all sorts of tricks and tips. She also gets her hair highlighted for free. She said she looks at craigslist under beauty.

I'm looking for a solution to lower the cost of phone/cell/internet service. Someone on this board told me that as a disabled person she was able to get cell phone service for only $10/month. Does anyone have any suggestions on how/where to look into this? Right now I'm on a family plan which costs only an extra $10/month. I've been considering getting rid of my land line but I can't quite figure out how to get a reasonably priced internet service w/o it. I have a bundle with phone and DSL from Qwest which is $58/mo with taxes. This includes a $10 reduction for disabled. Comcast internet is almost as expensive as my combined phone/internet so it's not worthwhile to me. I know that many people have dropped their land lines but I need to figure out how to best make this work. Any suggestions?
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-28-2009)